‘Reality bites– challenges in current practice’
This year’s SSHA conference will be at the Hilton Hotel Belfast from September 17th – 19th 2010.
- We work within a changing NHS and in particular face daily challenges to maintain a quality, professional Sexual Health Adviser service within the current sexual health arena.
- CPD is an important part of the ongoing professional agenda for all Sexual Health Advisers, and you are strongly encouraged to attend the SSHA conference this year.
- Please note that for the third year running we have not raised the conference fee and feel this is important for members in the current NHS financial climate.
Please note that early bookers by June 1st will benefit from a £50 discount.
This is the first time the conference has ever been held in Ireland, and it will be an opportunity to hear about the cultural influences and challenges that we face working in sexual health. Dawn Purvis, a member of the legislative assembly (MLA), will be opening the conference. Her work involves supporting advocacy groups on often controversial sexual health issues.
Interest in presenting has already started and among the topics will be:
- Women’s experience of HIV in pregnancy
- Cultural influences and stigma and sexuality
- LGV and HIV transmission
- The issue of abortion provision in Northern Ireland
- Supervision and health advising
Please contact Conference Organisers Maeve Cross or Catherine Jackson if you have an interest in presenting an aspect of your work either in poster form or orally during the conference.
Further details and a draft timetable will be mailed out once the programme starts to take shape.