The Society of Sexual Health Advisers (SSHA) is pleased to announce a SSHA Study Afternoon:
Trauma Informed Training For Non Therapists
- Thursday 7th March 12.00 – 17.00 (including 30 minute break)
- UNITE the Union House, 128 Theobalds Rd London WC1X 8TN (nearest tube station is Holborn)
- SSHA Members £40.00
- Non Members £50.00
Who is this day for?
This day is for Sexual Health Advisers and people who are working with people suffering from trauma in areas directly relating to their trauma.
What does the day cover?
- Recognising a trauma response
- Facilitating the service user to bring their distress levels down
- A toolbox of techniques to ground and stabilise service users quickly
- How to avoid re traumatisation
- What is happening in the brain when someone has PTSD
- How to avoid vicarious trauma (becoming traumatised from being around trauma)
- Recognising the signs of vicarious trauma
- Letting go of trauma you have taken in
Trainer: Vajralila: Psychological-Traumatologist PGdip
About the Trainer – Lea (Vajralila): Traumatologist
Lea (Vajralila) has been a practicing Therapist for 25 years and specialises in Trauma. She is the UK trainer of a modality called Lifespan Integration which works primarily with attachment trauma.
Lea lives in Brighton where she runs The Wilbury Clinic with her wife. She particularly enjoys creating bespoke courses for organisations. She also has a small private Therapy practice and supervises Therapists and Allied Health practitioners in the voluntary sector.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com