Local commissioning and sexual health: The impact on the NHS
The next meeting of the APPG on Sexual and Reproductive Health will take place on Tuesday 1st March in Committee Room G, House of Lords.
Please note the meeting will run from 6pm to 7.30pm (half an hour later than stated in the original notice).
The meeting will address the effect of reductions in public health spending and the commissioning of sexual health services by local government on the NHS. The discussion will cover:
- the outcome of reduced prevention services, which may result in increasing rates of sexually transmitted infection (STI) for the NHS to manage; and
- increased strain on NHS services (especially in primary care), if access to local authority-commissioned services reduces.
During the meeting, we will hear from experts, representing local government, NHS England and primary care, including:
- Dr Anne Connolly, Chair of Primary Care Women’s Health Forum, Vice President of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare and Bradford-based GP
- Dr Henrietta Hughes, NHS England Medical Director for North and East London
- A local government commissioner (to be confirmed).
We are expecting this meeting to be well attended, so please RSVP as soon as you are able if you would like to guarantee a place. Further information on entrance to the House of Lords will be provided once your attendance has been confirmed.