SSHA/Health Sector, Unite the Union,
128 Theobald’s Road,
London, WC1X 8TN
0203 371 2013
Work Mobile 07919 324 716
Carol has been with the Health Sector of the Union since 1990 when she worked for the Health Visitors’ Association that soon merged with the Manufacturing, Science and Finance union (MSF). Following that merger Carol took up responsibilities for doctors and pharmacists and later on for health advisers and health care chaplains also.
The union has since merged to form Amicus, and the most recent merger has created Unite, which is the largest union in the UK.
Unite has 100,000 members in its health sector covering health professions regulated by eight of the nine regulators.
Her current responsibilities are for the Medical Practitioners’ Union (MPU), the College of Health Care Chaplains (CHCC), the Hospital Physicists’ Association (HPA), the Society of Sexual Health Advisers (SSHA), and for paramedics.
Her priorities for SSHA are;
• To retain an identified role for sexual health advisers in the NHS.
• To achieve routes for professional regulation for sexual health advisers via the NMC and the UKPHR.
• To promote and develop the voice of SSHA at national level and engage with appropriate initiatives and consultations.
• To promote the standing of SSHA within the Unite Health Sector.
• To promote the practice of sexual health advisers throughout the four UK departments of health.
• To value SSHA members and their representatives on the National Professional Committee of SSHA.