At this years conference we have had a stimulating and exciting time with many presentations, workshops and discussions by Health Advisers skilled and recognised in their field of expertise.
We have seen the flourishing confidence and professionalism of many health advisers who have taken the opportunities to present their work at conference. This in turn has encouraged others to take that risk, within SHASTD and beyond, with great success.
Presentations – Oral
- Sexual Health on the Web – An Idiots Guide! – Chris Faldon, Health Adviser, Newcastle
- Testing Times: The Changing Role of the Health Adviser in HIV Care – Sandra Jarrett, Health Adviser, London
- Contact Tracing/Partner Notification – Debbie Timms, Health Adviser, Rotherham
- Munchhausen’s and Rape: The Abuse Trap – Dorinda Thirlby, Health Adviser, London George Leach, Clinical Supervisor, London
- Is Health Advising a ‘Profession’? – Heather Wilson, Health adviser, London Colin Adkins, MSF
- Opportunistic Screening for Chlamydia trachomatis : local implementation and management of those screened positive – Lindsey Shone, Community Health Adviser, the Wirral
- Herpes – My Favourite STD! – Rob Houghton, Health Adviser, London
- Health Advising in a Women’s Prison – Caron del Rio, Health Adviser, HMP Holloway
- Bringing Partner Notification into Focus – Anna Doughty, Clinical Psychologist, Newcastle
- Male Rape/Abuse – Dick Pates, Clinical Psychologist, Cardiff
- Young People’s Clinic – Anita Johansson, Health Adviser, Cardiff
- Annual Conference Report (PDF, 373 kB)