There was a special Sexual health Nurses and Sexual Health Advisers symposium that ran on the first morning of the BASHH Conference 2016 with presentations aimed specifically at and by these groups.
There were 4 Bronze scholarships awarded to Sexual Health Advisers this year for the quality of their abstract submissions – this means they received complimentary conference registration and £300 towards travel and accommodation.
- Sam King (Glasgow)
- Partnership Working to Achieve Successful Health Board-wide Hep B PN outcomes (poster and oral presentation)
- Tristan Griffiths (London)
- Rates of Asymptomatic LGV in MSM (poster and oral presentation)
- Gill Bell (Sheffield)
- A PN Bureau in Action: Outcomes for Centralised Management of Positive GC and C4 results from Primary Care by as Sexual Health Service (poster and oral presentation)
- Barbara Davies (Leeds)
- An Outbreak of High Level Azithromycin Resistant GC in a UK city – Actions taken by the clinical team and lessons learnt (poster)
The following also presented orally:
- Justine Orme (Brighton) – Are we Meeting the Needs of Young People?
- Omotayo Adebanji (Oxford) – What effect do Practice Visits have upon Opportunistic Chlamydia Screening Test Uptake and Case Detection in Primary Care – an audit of 81 general practices in in Oxfordshire